Slip and fall accidents can lead to serious injuries that can cause economic and non-economic damages. If you were hurt on someone’s property who knew of the dangerous conditions and decided to do nothing about it, you may hold them responsible for the damages you sustained. Contact our Buffalo Slip & Fall Lawyer today to learn more about what compensation you may be entitled to after sustaining an injury in a slip and fall accident.
Steps to Ensure the Burden of Proof After a Slip & Fall Accident
You, along with your Buffalo, New York personal injury attorney must work to satisfy the burden of proof by collecting evidence at the time of the accident to prove you were injured because of a property owner’s negligence.
Make Sure to…
- Take pictures- Get photos of the hazardous conditions that caused you to fall in the first place. The property owner may try to cover up the site after you have left, so try to get the pictures as soon as possible. If you leave before taking pictures, try to have a family member take them for you.
- Collect witness contact information- Anyone who was at the scene who witnessed the accident can corroborate your claim. Take down their names and contact information. Also, see if there are any surveillance cameras with live footage on them.
- Keep the clothes you were wearing as evidence- Your clothes will collect the wear and tear of the accident. You could also take a picture of yourself in the clothes for later evidence.
- Seek medical attention to document your injuries- You must show you sustained significant injury to get compensation. Also, some injuries take a few days to set in so take that into consideration when visiting your doctor.
- File an accident report- The report should include all of the details of the accident including the time, date, location, etc. This shows you are taking the accident seriously.
Speak with a Personal Injury Attorney Today
An experienced personal injury attorney can provide significant assistance throughout this process. They will fight for your right to economic and non-economic compensation. No one should have to go through a personal injury claim alone. Let us help you to fight for and get the justice you deserve.