Workers Comp Buffalo, A Complete Guide
Have You Suffered An Injury On The Job?
Ramos & Ramos are the attorneys you want to handling workers’ comp in Buffalo. Our skilled attorneys provide a single point of contact to handle all of your major legal issues involved with your case.
Have You Been Denied Workers’ Comp in Buffalo?
If you have been denied workers’ comp in Buffalo and want to appeal the decision, you should get a an attorney as soon as possible. Ramos & Ramos handles workers’ comp in Buffalo and can help you appeal if necessary. Don’t miss out on receiving your benefits by filing late as the deadlines for workers’ comp are short.
What you should do after a workplace injury. Filing Workers’ Comp in Buffalo.
- Obtain first aid or other necessary medical treatment as soon as possible.
- The treating health care provider must be authorized by the Workers’ Compensation Board, except in an emergency situation.
- Your employer or your workers’ compensation insurance carrier may require you to obtain your tests or your medicine from a diagnostic network or designated pharmacies.
- The cost of necessary medical services is paid by your employer or your employer’s insurance carrier, if the case is not disputed.
- Health care providers may request that injured workers sign form A-9. This form is meant to provide notice to the injured worker that he or she may be responsible to pay the medical bills if the Workers’ Compensation Board disallows the claim or the injured worker does not pursue the claim.
- NOTIFY your supervisor about the injury and the way in which it occurred, in writing, within 30 days.
- COMPLETE a claim for workers’ comp in Buffalo on Form C-3 and mail it to the nearest office of the Workers’ Compensation Board, if there is lost-time.
- Follow doctor’s instructions to speed full recovery.
- ATTEND an Independent Medical Examination if you are required to do so.
- Go back to work as soon as you are able.
- Attend such hearings as may be held in the case, when you are notified to appear.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding workers’ comp in Buffalo Contact us today for a FREE Case Evaluation. We will assist you in filing and advise on all of the steps in the process.
Workers’ Compensation Board of New York http://www.wcb.ny.gov/content/main/onthejob/OnTheJobInjury.jsp