Work injury/Worksite Injury
Under New York State law, the work-related injury is a term used to describe personal injuries or death that occurs by accident during the course of employment. This term is also applicable to situations where workers sustain diseases or infections that unavoidably result from injuries sustained on the job.
Individuals who sustain injuries or illness while on the job may be entitled to recover compensation for their injuries. Lost wages, medical expenses, disability benefits, and other financial compensation may be recoverable to injured workers.
If you were injured on the job, it is crucial to speak with a work injury attorney as soon as possible. At Ramos & Ramos, we fight diligently to help injured workers in New York recover the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Construction Law In New York
If a worker sustains an injury on a worksite, New York Labor Laws 240 and 241 place property owners liable. The liability also extends to manufacturers and subcontractors if they install faulty scaffolding or structures on the property. In order to determine which party is responsible for your injury, it is crucial to hire a worksite injury attorney to investigate your accident thoroughly and to assist in seeking the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
Quite often, property owners, contractors, and subcontractors cut corners to lower the costs for their projects. They may also utilize faulty equipment on the construction site as a cost-saving measure. These and other dangerous circumstances can cause serious injuries or death to workers. It is crucial to uncover all of the details surrounding your accident in order to recover the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. The lawyers at Ramos & Ramos work with victims across New York who are injured on construction sites to recover compensation and justice for the damages they sustained.
Industrial Accidents And Third Party Lawsuits
Factory and production workers often face some of the most dangerous working conditions. A simple mistake can result in a life-changing injury. Under New York law, injured workers are able to seek compensation from all negligent parties from which the accident resulted.
Property owners, manufacturers, and subcontractors are all considered third parties who can be held liable for injuries sustained by workers. These cases often result from defective or unsafe equipment as well as the improper installation or maintenance of equipment.
Individuals who file third-party lawsuits are able to recover the full extent of financial losses workers face over a lifetime. These damages include wages and money for pain and suffering, which is not typically awarded under workers’ compensation claims. If you have been injured in a workplace accident, call the attorneys at Ramos & Ramos today to see if you have a claim for compensation for your injuries and losses.
Filing A Claim For An Injury On The Job
Numerous companies across New York State have workers’ compensation insurance that provides benefits to workers who are injured on the job. In cases where a workers ‘compensation is not accessible, a third party company assumes liability for a worker’s injuries. Legal action can be taken against the third party company to recover reimbursement for damages acquired as the result of the injury or illness.
It can be quite difficult to recover compensation for illness or injury in these cases, especially if you do not have all the information required for your case. Knowing what counts as an “on the job injury” is a critical part of filing a successful claim against a third party company. Hiring a work injury attorney from Ramos & Ramos will ensure you obtain the best possible results for your case.
When an injury or fatality occurs to an employee who is in the course of their employment, the injury or death is considered to be on the job. Some of the most common workplace injuries we help clients recover compensation for include:
- Car and truck accidents: Driving a car or truck for a company places a worker at an increased risk of being involved in an accident while performing duties required of them during the course of their employment. Car and truck accidents can result in life-threatening injuries that need extensive medical attention.
- Chemical leaks: Individuals subjected to harmful chemical leaks while on the job can suffer respiratory problems and other health complications. It is crucial for anyone exposed to chemical leaks to seek immediate medical attention.
- Falling debris: Working around heavy or high objects that are improperly secured places workers at an increased risk of suffering an injury from falling objects or debris. These injuries can cause full-body injuries that severally impact a worker’s ability to perform the duties of their job.
- Oil and gas explosions: These injuries often have extremely devastating results for workers. Being near an oil or gas explosion can cause extensive burns, loss of hearing or sight, and can have a very severe and lasting impact on a person’s mental and physical health.
- Toxic injuries: Individuals who work with toxic chemicals and compounds are at an increased risk of suffering injuries from exposure. Some of the most common injuries stem from working around ammonia, asbestos, and petrochemical compounds.
- Construction site accidents: Construction sites are often considered one of the most dangerous places to work in the United States. Construction sites pop up all over New York, especially in the city. Falling scaffolding and crane malfunctions are just some instances that can lead to devastating injuries on construction sites.
- Manufacturing accidents: There are several instances when workers in the manufacturing industry are injured by faulty equipment. Defective tools, saws, drills, and other equipment can wreak havoc to workers and cause severe injuries or loss of limbs.
- Slip and fall accidents: Working in wet environments, or areas with damaged flooring, can lead to slip and fall accidents. Slip and fall accidents can result in broken bones, head injuries, whiplash, neck strains, or even death. These accidents are some of the most common worksite injuries as they can occur under virtually any circumstances.
If you or a loved one was injured on the job, it is crucial to contact a work injury lawyer as soon as possible. The attorneys at Ramos & Ramos are waiting to take your call. Our team has over more than 60 years of personal injury experience and will work tirelessly to ensure that you get the maximum compensation for you your injuries.
Forklift Injuries At Construction Sites
Forklifts are one of the most common heavy machines used at construction sites, as well as other industrial work sites, throughout New York State. Drivers need to be accurately trained in how to use them as improper use can result in devastating injuries.
Many instances can be considered negligent use of a forklift. Some of the most common and deadly instances include workers who overload their forklift, improperly load their forklift, or whose forklifts malfunction while in use.
Individuals who suffer injuries from improperly trained forklift drivers may be able to recover compensation under workers ‘compensation as well as from third-party liability claims against the property owner or contractors. It is crucial for you to contact the worksite accident attorneys at Ramos & Ramos as soon as possible to recover compensation for your injuries.
Roof And Ladder Falls
Property owners can be held liable for injuries sustained by workers who fall from roofs, ladders, platforms, or other high surfaces while performing work on their property. In some cases, defective scaffolding and ladders can result in multiple parties assuming liability for damages. New York law dictates property owners assume liability for damages, but subcontractors and manufacturers may also share some legal responsibility.
Falling from roofs or other high locations can result in serious and catastrophic injuries to workers. Some of the most common injuries sustained under these circumstances include back injuries, spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis, compound fractures, joint injuries, traumatic brain injuries or crush injuries. Individuals who sustain any of these serious, life-altering injuries are entitled to receive lifetime compensation to treat their injuries and compensate the workers for lost wages.
If you fall on the job, it is crucial to get immediate medical attention. Fall injuries can have a detrimental impact on your life and often require surgeries and other medical treatment to correct the injuries or alleviate the pain. If you suffer a fall injury on the job, contact Ramos & Ramos as soon as possible. We will investigate your accident to determine all the liable parties in order to recover the maximum amount of compensation for which you are entitled to for your injuries.
Contact A Worksite Accident Lawyer To Help You
The lawyers at Ramos & Ramos work diligently to protect the rights of every client. We fight aggressively to obtain the maximum amount of compensation in every claim and make sure the responsible party is held accountable for their actions.
Workers who suffer due to the irresponsible acts of others should not be forced to deal with financial, physical, and emotional suffering. It is imperative for irresponsible parties to be held accountable for their actions. The lawyers at Ramos & Ramos are dedicated to treating each client and case with care and compassion every step of the way.
Our decades of legal knowledge and experience help our clients determine whether claims should be filed against employers, third-party companies, or both. In some cases, workers are able to recover compensation from workers ‘compensation as well as their employers.
Working with Ramos & Ramos will allow you to focus on rebuilding your life and recovering while we handle your legal and financial concerns. Call us today to schedule your free consultation with one of our workplace injury lawyers about your injury.